Research Assistant Professor & Industry Liaison
Enrique Macias de Anda is a Research Assistant Professor and the Industry Liaison within the Center. He obtained his PhD in Industrial Engineering at the University of Tennessee - Knoxville under the supervision of Dr. Rupy Sawhney. He holds a BS. in Industrial Engineering with a minor in Systems Engineering, and a MS. in Quality and Productivity Systems, both from Monterrey’s Technological Institute of Higher Education (Monterrey Tech) in Mexico.
He served as Undergraduate Program Director and Academic Advisor in the Industrial Engineering Department for the Aguascalientes Campus of Monterrey’s Technological Institute of Higher Education. He also has industrial experience in the automotive and electronics sectors, in the areas of quality management systems (formerly known as ISO TS16949), lean production systems, environmental health and safety systems, and corporate responsibility programs.
Lean Manufacturing / Operational Excellence
Work Systems Design
Select publications are:
Macias de Anda, E., Sawhney, R. and Tortorella, G.L. (2022), "Developing a robust measurement instrument for the influence of national culture on lean production systems", Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
- Sawhney, R., Pradhan, N., Macias de Anda, E., Arbogast, C. (2021) The Sawhney Model: Operational excellence for the people, by the people. ISE Magazine: Industrial & Systems Engineering at Work, The member magazine of the Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers. 53(1), 40–45.
- Tortorella, G. L., Pradhan, N., Macias de Anda, E., Trevino Martinez, S., Sawhney, R., & Kumar, M. (2020). Designing lean value streams in the fourth industrial revolution era: proposition of technology-integrated guidelines. International Journal of Production Research, 58(16), 5020-5033.
- Sawhney, R., Treviño-Martinez, S., de Anda, E. M., Tortorella, G. L., & Pourkhalili, O. (2020). A Conceptual People-Centric Framework for Sustainable Operational Excellence. Open Journal of Business and Management, 8(3), 1034-1058.
- Sawhney, R., Pradhan, N., Matias, N., De Anda, E. M., Araujo, E., Trevino, S., & Arbogast, C. (2019). Teaching Sustainable Lean: The Next Step Towards Inculcating a Critical Problem-Solving Mindset. In Lean Engineering for Global Development (pp. 61-94). Springer, Cham.
- Abrha, W., & Macias de Anda, E. (2018). Application Of Lean to Reduce Inter-Plant Logistics: The Marine Industry Perspective. In Proceedings of the International Annual Conference of the American Society for Engineering Management. (pp. 1-10). American Society for Engineering Management (ASEM).
- Sawhney, R. S., & de Anda, E. M. (2017). Sawhney Lean Educational Maturity Model at the University of Tennessee. In Lean Education: An Overview of Current Issues (pp. 99-124). Springer, Cham.
- Abrha, W. D., Sawhney, R. S., Patlolla, D. R., Macias de Anda, E., Reyes, J. C., Ruiz, E. R. Z., ... & Mei, H. (2015, January). Application of Lean Principles to Improve Productivity of Maintenance Function: A Case Study. In IIE Annual Conference. Proceedings (p. 1879). Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE).
- Mallesh, D. A., Sawhney, R., & De Anda, E. M. (2015, January). Implementation of serialization and traceability in a pharmaceutical packaging company. In IIE Annual Conference. Proceedings (p. 1). Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE).